NOTE: This Outline of the Pantheons of Loatia is still undergoing some play balancing.
Alignment: The Godswar Campaign Setting operates on a “single axis alignment system” as it existed in 1st Edition Dungeons and Dragons. The single axis consists of three alignments: “lawful, implying honor and respect for society’s rules; chaotic, implying rebelliousness and individualism; and neutral, seeking a balance between the extremes.” (Wikipedia)
This single axis system allows for the idea that no one is completely good or bad, but a mix of both. Feel free to change this for your own game, but to truly get the feel of the world of Loatia, this system works best.
**NEW: Shared Domains**
In the world of Loatia, the Gods are in a constant state of war, and sometimes form alliances. The nature and history of these alliances is recorded in the various temple scrolls in the form of epic poems. These alliances allow domains to be shared from between deities and expands the ruleset for Pathfinder (and other systems). These are in addition to the new subdomains rules, and not meant to replace them. However, most deities will not allow full access to their sphere to another, so these domains are limited to 0-3rd or 0-4th level spells. Clerics may choose up to two Shared Domains that they have a favored ability score of at least 16.
* Denotes: Up to Level 3
** Denotes: Up to Level 4
The Pantheon of Darkness:
- Night Goddess (Dark Mother, Mother of Darkness, The Queen of Darkness, The Dark Queen, The Shade)
- God of Undeath and Disease
- Goddess of Storms (The Tempest)
(The Goddess of Storms left the Elemental Pantheon to help the Dark Queen in the Godswar)
The Pantheon of Light
- God of Light (Palanthor, Father of Light, King of Light, God of Toil, Sun God, God of Justice, Our Lord)
- Goddess of Healing (Awbetta, Goddess of Beauty, Goddess of Life, Life Goddess, Goddess of Peace, Goddess of Beauty, Goddess of Love)
The Elemental Pantheon
- God of Elements (Siden, Elemental King, Elemental Lord, God of Craftsmen, God of the Forge)
- Goddess of Nature (Gia, Earth Mother, Elf Mother, Fey Spirit, Moon Goddess)
- Goddess of Fire
- Goddess of Air
- God of Water
- God of Earth
- God of Trickery (Thistle, The Trickster, God of Commerce, Sales Master, Original Prankster)
- Alignment – Chaotic
- Domains – Trickery, Luck, Halfling, City, Trade
- Favored Ability – Dexterity
- Shared Domains – *Chaos, *Charm, *Healing, *Sun, *Shadow, *Retribution, *Undeath, **Madness
- Chosen/High Priest Domain: Re-Gifting (see below)
- New Priest Domain: Re-Gifting
- The God of Trickery steals a ‘gift’ and grants it as a prayer to the priest. What god or sphere he will manage to steal from is a matter of opportunity, and therefore completely random (But within the casters level/ability).
- Rule: A priest spell is chosen at random from all Domains using dice every time the cleric uses this Domain. First roll for the domain, then the spell. The priest cannot cancel the spell unless the spell states otherwise.
- New Priest Domain: Re-Gifting
- God of Death
- God of Time
(God of Time is in a cursed slumber, and does not answer prayers. But players who choose this deity may still cast prayers of his shared domains.)